New 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors supported on one or two-socket platforms, along with connectivity, storage, software and oneAPI cross-architectural tools, can further enhance workload optimized solutions designed to move more, store more and process everything.
- Up to 1.53x higher geomean HPC performance on 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable platform vs. prior gen featuring Intel® AVX-512 and 8 channels of DDR4-3200 across a broad set of HPC codes.1
- 1.56x improvement in AI inference for image classification with 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processor supporting Intel DL Boost vs. prior gen. 2
- 1.74x higher INT8 batch inference of natural language processing (NLP) throughput on BERT-Large SQuAD with 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processor compared to prior gen.3
- Up to 1.64x better relational database performance with MySQL* on the new 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable platform compared to prior generation.4
- Support your growing business needs with the new 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable platform and realize up to 1.53x more OLTP database transactions on Microsoft* SQL Server* compared to prior gen. 5
- Process up to 1.55x higher transactions per minute with Oracle* DB using the 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Platinum 8380 processor and Intel Optane SSD P5800X series vs prior gen.6
- With 3rd gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors, you can support up to 1.94x more secure networking connections and achieve significantly faster speeds to support cloud, edge and work-from-home use cases.7
- Up to 1.72x higher virtualization performance with 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor with Intel® SSD D5-P5510 Series and Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter E810 vs. prior generation platform.8
Customers are delivering leading edge solutions on the 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable 4- and 8-socket platforms for your next modern datacenter, as shown on the following partner pages highlighting their leadership performance. Highlights include:
- The industry's first mainstream server processor with built-in bfloat16 support and acceleration for AI, including software optimizations and socket scalability up to 8 sockets
- Up to 1.93x higher AI training performance with 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor supporting Intel® DL Boost with BF16 vs. prior generation on ResNet50 throughput for image classification. 9
- Up to 1.87x higher AI Inference performance with 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor supporting Intel® DL Boost with BF16 vs. prior generation using FP32 on ResNet50 throughput for image classification. 10
- 225X faster access to data with Intel® Optane™ persistent memory 200 series vs. NVMe SSD. 11
- Customers refreshing aging infrastructure can expect an average estimated gain of 1.9 times on popular workloads and up to 2.2 times more VMs compared with 5-year-old 4-socket platform equivalents. 12
In 2019, Intel introduced its 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors (code-named: "Cascade Lake"). This processor provides the foundation for a powerful data centric solution that creates an evolutionary leap in agility and scalability. Disruptive by design, this innovative processor sets a new level of platform convergence and capabilities across compute, storage, memory, network, and security. Enterprises and cloud and communications service providers can now drive forward their most ambitious digital initiatives with a feature-rich, highly versatile platform.
- Up to 30x improvement in inference performance on Intel Xeon Platinum 9282 processor (56 cores) w/ Intel® Deep Learning Boost (Intel DL Boost) for ResNet-50 (image classification workload) using Intel® Optimization for Caffe vs. Intel Xeon Platinum 8180 processor at launch. 13
- Up to 2x system memory capacity and support up to 36TB on 8-socket systems with Intel Optane persistent memory 14
- Up to 2x average generational gains on 2-socket servers with new Intel Xeon Platinum 9200 processor. 15
- Up to 1.33x average generational gains on Intel Xeon Gold processor. 16
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. For more information go to www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.
Performance results are based on testing as of dates shown in configurations and may not reflect all publicly available updates. See backup for configuration details. No product or component can be absolutely secure.
Intel does not control or audit third-party data. You should consult other sources to evaluate accuracy.
SPEC* and the benchmark names SPEC CPU*, SPECint*, SPECfp*, SPECrate*, SPECjbb*, SPECjEnterprise*, SPECstorage*, SPECvirt_sc*, SPECpower_ssj*, SPECompG*, and SPECmpi* are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation.
TPC, TPC Benchmark, TPC-C, TPC-E, TPC-H, TPC-DS and TPC-VMS are trademarks of the Transaction Processing Performance Council.
VMmark® is a product of VMware, Inc.