Intel® Active Management Technology
When used with third-party management and security applications, Intel Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) allows business owners and IT organizations to better discover, heal, and protect their networked computing assets.
Some of the features of Intel AMT include:
- Out-of-band (OOB) system access, to discover assets even while PCs are powered off
- Remote trouble-shooting and recovery, which allows remote diagnosis and recovery of systems after OS failures
- Hardware-based agent presence checking that automatically detects and alerts when critical software agents have been stopped or are missing
- Proactive network defense, which uses filters to block incoming threats while isolating infected clients before they impact the network
- Remote hardware and software asset tracking, helping to track computer assets and keep virus protection up-to-date
- Keyboard, video and mouse (KVM) remote control, which allows redirection of a managed system’s video to a remote console which can then interact with it using the console’s own mouse and keyboard
Intel AMT requires a network connector and an Intel AMT enabled remote management console. Setup requires additional configuration of the platform.