Jasper Lake EDS Vol1
Legal Disclaimer Revision History Introduction Technologies Power Management Thermal Management Memory Graphics Display Imaging Pin Strap General Purpose Input and Output (GPIO) PCH Electrical Specification CPU Electrical Specifications Global Device IDs CPU And Device IDs Audio, Voice, and Speech Connectivity Integrated (CNVi) PCI Express* (PCIe*) Universal Serial Bus (USB) Serial ATA (SATA) Flexible I/O Storage Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) Intel® Serial I/O Generic SPI (GSPI) Controllers Enhanced Serial Peripheral Interface (eSPI) Real Time Clock (RTC) 8254 Timers High Precision Event Timer (HPET) Intel® LPSS Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C) Controllers Host System Management Bus (SMBus) Controller System Management Interface and SMLink System Management Intel® Serial I/O Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART) Controllers Testability SoC Pin Location
Security Technologies Branch Monitoring Counters Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) Perform Carry-Less Multiplication Quad Word (PCLMULQDQ) Instruction Intel® Secure Key Execute Disable Bit Boot Guard Technology Intel® Supervisor Mode Execution Protection (SMEP) Intel® Supervisor Mode Access Protection (SMAP) Intel® Secure Hash Algorithm Extensions (Intel® SHA Extensions) User Mode Instruction Prevention (UMIP) Read Processor ID (RDPID)
Functional Description Configurable GPIO Voltage GPIO Buffer Impedance Compensation via SD3_RCOMP Programmable Hardware Debouncer Integrated Pull-ups and Pull-downs SCI / SMI# and NMI Timed GPIO (TIME_SYNC) GPIO Blink (BK) and Serial Blink (SBK) Interrupt / IRQ via GPIO Requirement Native Function and TERM Bit Setting Virtual GPIO (vGPIO)
DC Specifications Display Port* Specification HDMI* Specifications embedded Display Port* Specifications 16550 8-bit Addressing - Debug Driver Compatibility MIPI* DSI Specification Memory Specifications MIPI* CSI Specifications CMOS DC Specifications GTL and Open Drain DC Specification PECI DC Characteristics
Features Supported Interrupt Generation PCI Express* Power Management Dynamic Link Throttling Port 8xh Decode Separate Reference Clock with Independent SSC (SRIS) Advanced Error Reporting Single- Root I/O Virtualization (SR- IOV) SERR# Generation Hot-Plug PCI Express* Lane Polarity Inversion PCI Express* Controller Lane Reversal Precision Time Measurement (PTM)
The GSPI controllers have an integrated DMA controller.
DMA Transfer and Setup Modes
- Memory to Peripheral Transfers. This mode requires that the peripheral control the flow of the data to itself.
- Peripheral to Memory Transfer. This mode requires that the peripheral control the flow of the data from itself.
- Direct Programming: Direct register writes to DMA registers to configure and initiate the transfer.
- Descriptor based Linked List: The descriptors will be stored in memory. The DMA will be informed with the location information of the descriptor. DMA initiates reads and programs its own register. The descriptors can form a linked list for multiple blocks to be programmed.
- Scatter Gather mode
- The source transfer width and destination transfer width are programmable. The width can be programmed to 1, 2, or 4 bytes.
- Burst size is configurable per channel for source and destination. The number is a power of 2 and can vary between 1,2,4,...,128. this number times the transaction width gives the number of bytes that will be transferred per burst.
- Individual Channel enables. If the channel is not being used, then it should be clock gated.
- Programmable Block size and Packing/Unpacking. Block size of the transfer is programmable in bytes. the block size is not limited by the source or destination transfer widths.
- Address incrementing modes: The DMA has a configurable mechanism for computing the source and destination addresses for the next transfer within the current block. The DMA supports incrementing addresses and constant addresses.
- Flexibility to configure any hardware handshake sideband interface to any of the DMA channels.
- Early termination of a transfer on a particular channel.